Karuṇā Sevena is glad to announce that the ārāma opens its doors again for meditation practice, despite these difficult times. Venerable Bhikkhunī Visuddhi is pleased to provide you with her support and set the shelter available in the ārāma Karuṇā Sevena. We will make sure that the safety distance is maintained. Don’t miss the chance to take advantage of this special opportunity to talk personally to Venerable Bhikkhunī and to enhance your practice.
We are all well aware that the pandemic has affected many of us over this past year and a half. For that reason, during this difficult period, Karuṇā Sevena allows all those who cannot afford to stay for financial reasons to dwell in the ārāma without worrying about overhead expenses. Practice and dedication are fundamental to develop in Dhamma, we want to do our best to give you our support. However, it is still important to provide for both your own and Bhikkhunī’s food during your stay.
The ārāma is fairly big, and at the moment only Bhikkhunī Visuddhi is taking care of it. Because of that, we will be extremely grateful not only to those who can provide some financial support for Bhikkhunī Visuddhi and the monastic dwelling but also to whoever will be happy to help to do some work in the ārāma. Thank you.
"Ārāma has been closed for a year, and I am truly sorry about that. People should be allowed to visit places where they can rest and calm their minds. May the ārāma be your refuge again. Mettā bhikkhunī Visuddhi."
Below there is a short description of the upcoming activities. Feel free to join. You are all warmly welcome. We invite you to have a look at the calendar page for more information.
* It is possible to come either for extended weekends or for individual practice under the guidance of the Venerable Bhikkhunī Visuddhi. It is also now possible to come and arrange a personal meeting with the venerable.
If you are interested in meditation seclusion, please register by sending us an email
and filling up the application form. We will then be happy to send you more
details about your stay.
Further information about the stay in the ārāma and the rules can be found in the
section: visit to the ārāma.
* Come to join Venerable Bhikkhunī Visuddhi in one of the most important
Buddhist holidays. On May 29th we will celebrate the Buddha's birthday, his
enlightenment and parinibbāna.
- The celebration is traditionally held in the ārāma Karuṇā Sevena in Prostějov -
May 29, 2021.
WIf you are interested please send us an email and we will provide you with
more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated website of Karuṇā Sevena
* Venerable Visuddhi has prepared a lot of new contributions, photos and
translations on the new website. You can find some news in the Dhamma section,
some more instructions for walking meditation, and a brand new section about
regularly as well as inform you about our news.
Voluntary work in the ārāma
* Good practice and the development of generosity and compassion include volunteering. Now it is necessary to clean up properly in Viveka and ārāma after the winter, to wash the windows, to work in the garden, etc. Thank you so much for helping us to keep this place, your contribution is precious. We are very much looking to meet you in the ārāma and work on its preservation together. If you are interested in offering help, please don’t hesitate to contact us by e-mail: email@example.com
Venerable Bhikkhunī Visuddhi support
* Thank you to all those who sent a kind donation for the support of Venerable Bhikkhunī Visuddhi especially in this difficult period of time! Venerable is completely dependent on our support, and even a small financial or material contribution is of great help to the Venerable to live her secluded life. Sending or bringing food is also extremely important for the support of Bhikkhunī Visuddhi. Thank you all for supporting the monastic life.
Some of you already took advantage of the option of ordering food online and have it delivered directly to the ārāma. It worked really well and it is also a safe way to give your meritorious gift. We greatly appreciate your generosity.
More information about Gift Options:
Address where food can be ordered:
Ārāma Karuṇā Sevena
Prostejov 796 01
We look forward to seeing you during our activities and/or in our planned events and courses.
We remain available for any further inquiry by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish you good health and may you and your family be strong over this current situation, may you have a calm and positive mind always.